Tuck Shop Cafe in Northbridge

July 19, 2017

Tuck Shop Cafe in Northbridge has the second highest rating of cafes in Perth on Zomato. With a rating that high, expectations were high with this cafe. Expectations were met and it did not disappoint.

I was there with Saskia, Basia (or Sassia/Baskia - they can thank Kyle for those nicknames), Marilyn, Jodie and Stella on a Saturday morning last month. 9am to be exact. Nice and early because this place is so popular that you'll be waiting for a table if you arrive later in the morning. We were seated in a lovely spot by the door which was a little chilly for a Winter morning but the chill was not a problem after we had our hands on the warm coffee mugs.
The interior of the Tuck Shop from where we were sitting

The Dirty Details - Dirty Chai Latte

Every time I try a new cafe, I always try their dirty chai latte. If you haven't heard of a dirty chai latte, it is a chai latte with a shot of espresso. (Although the first time I was asked if I wanted a dirty chai latte, the barista described it as a "chai latte that has not showered".)😅 I absolutely love it! The fragrant chai masala spices, the slight acidity from the espresso and a hint of cinnamon sugar, what's not to love?

I really enjoyed the dirty chai latte from Tuck Shop. If I had to nitpick, it was just a tad sweet for my liking. But that's really nitpicking at the tiny details. What I really enjoyed was the balance between the delicate acidity from the espresso and the hints of spice from the chai. It was a very satisfying cup of dirty chai latte on a cold morning. 
Dirty chai latte at the Tuck Shop
Almond mocha, soy chai latte and regular mocha (clockwise starting from the front)

Lettuce eat! 

The food around the table looked amazing! So vibrant! So colourful! Just incredibly inviting. I ordered the chorizo with paprika potatoes, peppers, Spanish onions and crispy pork belly. Those flavours were YUM! The salty, sweet and slightly spicy chorizo was delicious! But the best thing on that plate was that paprika potatoes! My oh my the seasoning on those potatoes were perfect. The perfect amount of paprika, the perfect amount of salt. My goodness... I really enjoyed myself. Saskia's Moroccan meatballs with hummus on flatbread looked sensational! I was little jealous I didn't order it myself. The mixed berry pancakes that Stella ordered looked so light and fluffy. And as Stella cut into the pancakes, our excitement went through the roof to find berries inside the pancakes. It look divine, and Stella looked like she was in fluffy pancake heaven when she was eating them. 
Chorizo with paprika potatoes, peppers, Spanish onions and crispy pork belly
Moroccan meatballs with flatbread, tomato, hummus and za'atar fried egg
Chilli con carne with sourdough toast, tomato, avocado and lime salsa with a poached egg.
The chilli con carne topped with a poached egg
Chicken, white wine and leek pie
Cheddar toastie and smoked cod, potato and leek bake with a poached egg
The smoked cod, potato and leek bake with a poached egg
Mixed berry pancakes with maple syrup and vanilla mascarpone 
I mean just look at the berries inside the pancakes! 
Hand cut chips with aioli 

There is a reason why Tuck Shop is so highly ranked in Zomato. It is fabulous! Great atmosphere, delicious food, wonderful coffee, great selection and variety and best of all excellent service!

Experience it yourself at:
Tuck Shop Cafe
Shop 1, 180 Newcastle Street, Perth
Perth 6000 
WA
Phone: (08) 9227 1659

They are open Tuesdays to Sundays 7am to 4pm (closed on Mondays).

If you want to do some research of your own, see what others have said on Zomato or look them up on their Instagram and Facebook.


See you guys next time!

xox,
Stef

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe