T2's Banana Bake tea

June 17, 2017


GOING BANANAS FOR MILKY BANANA BAKE TEA 

T2's Banana Bake tea with vanilla soy milk brewed in the chai pot from T2
Are you a fan of banana bread? Do you love the aroma of freshly baked banana bread? Have you ever wished for a banana beverage other than banana milk or banana smoothies? Well then, you'll go BANANAS for T2's Banana Bake tea, I know I have. My favourite thing about T2's Banana Bake the aroma. It is so reminiscent of freshly baked banana bread. It was love at first smell.

Another great thing about it's banana-y flavour. Usually when I want a banana flavoured beverage, my choices are limited to banana flavoured milk (which can often be too sweet at times) or banana milkshakes or smoothies (which I find too thick). What's great about the Banana Bake tea is the great banana-y flavour you get without it being too sweet or tasting too artificial. By the way, are there other banana flavoured beverage options out there? If so, please let me know so I can try them out 😃

T2's Banana Bake


The part-tea-culars

Brand
T2
Type of tea
Flavoured black tea
Ingredients
Black tea, vanilla, marigold petals, safflower petals, banana bits (bananas, coconut oil, sugar, honey, banana flavouring), brittle pieces (sugar, hazelnuts), hazelnuts
Allergy concerns
Tree nut allergy - Contains hazelnuts 
Packaging
Loose leaf; 100g per box
Brewing guide as per packaging
1 tsp per 250ml 
100 (or 212)
2-3 mins
Stef recommends
Enjoy hot or cold with milk or vanilla soy milk
(although it’s pretty great on its own too)
Stef’s Ratings
🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵


"Brew can do it too!" -  Milky Banana Bake Tea

What you'll need to brew T2's Banana Bake on the stove
There are several ways I like to brew this tea: in the teapot/teacup and on the stove. My preferred method is brewing it on the stove. It is a little more time consuming brewing the tea on the stove than brewing it in the teapot, but I find the tea and banana flavour seems a little stronger when brewed on the stove.

On the stove
Here's what you'll need:
Here's what I do: 
  1. Add the water and the Banana Bake tea into the chai pot/saucepan and bring to a simmer on low-medium heat.
  2. Add the milk and continue to simmer on low heat (for approx. 3-4 mins), gently stirring occasionally. Keep your eye on the simmering tea, the tea may overflow out of the chai pot if left simmering for too long or if the heat is on too high.
  3. Remove from the stove, pour and strain straight into the teacup.
  4. Enjoy and sweeten with honey is desired. 
T2's Banana Bake simmering in the chai pot from T2
Stef's notes: 
  • This recipe is good for 2 teacups
  • I like really milky and strong flavoured tea and I find soy milk will yield a milkier, thicker brew while maintaining the tea flavour.
  • If vanilla soy is too sweet for your liking, I recommend mixing vanilla soy milk with unsweetened soy milk (ratio 2:1). I find this just right. 
  • If you have a chai tea pot or you are thinking of getting one, T2 has an instructional video on how to brew using the chai pot which you can find here.

In the teapot
Here's what you'll need:
  • 4 tsp of T2's Banana Bake tea
  • 900mL water
  • 100mL milk / vanilla soy milk 
  • honey (optional)
  • large teapot (mine holds up to 1.5L)
  • tea strainer (if teapot does not contain an infuser)
Here's what I do: 
  1. Add Banana Bake tea to the teapot / teapot's infuser and brew with water at 100℃ (212℉) for 3-4 mins. 
  2. Add milk to the pot and let brew for 1 more minute. (I like a stronger tea flavour in milk teas but you may skip the additional 1 minute brew if you wish).
  3. Remove the tea leaves. You may choose to leave the tea leaves in the pot if you wish, the tea will slowly become stronger each time you pour from the teapot. 
  4. Pour into teacups. Enjoy and sweeten with honey is desired. 
T2's Banana Bake tea brewed with full cream milk in the teapot (all teaware was purchased from T2)
Stef's notes: 
  • This recipe is good for 6-7 teacups.
  • You may add more milk if desired. I like milky teas but I find that I lose some of the black tea and banana flavours if I add more milk.
  • If you prefer more of a tea latte consistency, brew up the tea in the teapot as indicated above and pour into the teacups. Then heat up and froth your milk in a separate cup and add to the teacup after.
T2's Banana Bake tea latte brewed in the teapot with frothed vanilla soy milk

Witches' Brew

If you are interested in mixing the Banana Bake tea with other teas, I would recommend trying it with Chai Tea or T2's Oolong Chocolate Chai. I have tried the Banana Bake and Oolong Chocolate Chai tea concoction in store at T2 and loved it! If I'm craving Banana Bake tea and want a mild spiced kick to it, I'll add Oolong Chocolate Chai. I'll post a recipe of this concoction soon so stay tuned!

Well, that's all from me today. If you do try the brewing methods above, let me know how you went! If you have a different brewing method, any suggestions, or just want to vocalise your love (or dislike) for T2's Banana Bake, let me know in the comments. 


Until next time... Have a good weekend! 


xox,
Stef

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe