Weekly Recap

June 20, 2017

Hello addicts! How have you been this week? Here's a little recap of all the activities I've been up to last week.

Started this blog!
Finally got around to setting up my blog and posted the first entry on Monday! It has been in the works for ages but I was never really fully committed to getting everything set up. I am over the moon that it is off the ground now. It is coming together nicely and I hope you guys will be patient with me as this gets more momentum.

Feeling absolutely naked and helpless without my phone
I left my phone at home on Wednesday and it was terrible. I have known for a long time that I have an unhealthy obsession with my phone - can't live without Whatsapp, Snapchat and Instagram but that feeling of helplessness and emptiness from not having my phone with me was so unbelievably immense. How did it get to this point? I think that the absence of the phone was made stronger by the fact that there was a few things that I would have loved to post Snapchat throughout the day - things like the custard donuts from Chez Jean Claude Patisserie brought into work by Marty and my Catch of the Day (online shopping) delivery. 
Didn't have my phone on me on Wednesday but here's a picture of custard donuts from Chez Jean Patisserie in April 2017
Girls (+2 boyfriends) night!
Girls night, watching a movie, on a Wednesday night, with all of us working the next day... HOW CRAZY ARE WE? Hahaha yes, sarcasm aside, it was a great night and really good movie. There as an advanced screening for the movie Rough Night at Reading Cinemas Belmont and we were there for it. We bought extra tickets so Kyle and Saskia's boyfriend Brendan joined us for the movie. I think we agreed that dresses will be mandatory for Kylie and Brenda on the next girls night 😆 The movie was amazing! Laughs all around! If you've seen the trailer or the ads on TV promoting this movie, you would think that this is one of those typical chick flicks, but it is more than that. Even the boys enjoyed themselves. You will definitely not be disappointed, I know I wasn't.

Breakfast with the lovely ladies from work
It was breakfast at the Tuck Shop in Northbridge with Saskia, Jodie, Basia, Stella and Marilyn on Saturday morning. The good was great, the company was excellent. It was great catching up over coffee and breakfast. I'll do a post dedicated on the food at Tuck Shop later this month (or latest next month). It was off to the shops with Saskia after breakfast. I have so little self control when it comes to shopping. I bought 2 lipsticks, a lip liner and highlighter from Mecca, 3 shirts of the same design but different animals from Dangerfield, a clutch from Mimco, a scarf from Kookai and more tea from T2. It was bad. So good yet so bad.

Breakfast at the Tuckshop with these lovely ladies. Credits to Stella for taking this picture.
His majesty is back in Perth!
So my folks are back in Perth! Mum has been here for 2 weeks now and Dad arrived on Saturday evening. It's nice having the folks with mein Perth. Would be nicer if I had more annual leave to take to spend time with them on weekdays but I'm pretty sure I've gone my limit with all the holidays I've had and will be having. Since the only time I have with my folks is the weeknights and weekends, our outings will pretty much just be us eating at new cafes and restaurants. My parents will not be able to walk into the plane back to Singapore, they are going to have to roll into the plane 😅

KOREAN FOOD
To celebrate his majesty's return to Perth, my parents, Kyle and I had dinner at one of my favourite Korean restaurants - Restaurant Gangnam in Karawara/Waterford. Food was absolutely delicious and oh boy I ate too much, way too much. But hey, no regrets there! I will write up a post dedicated to Restaurant Gangnam sometime this month so prepare a bucket to collect all that drool!
Mum's favourite dish: Beef and Mushroom casserole from Restaurant Gangnam
Kimchi Jeon (pancakes) at Restaurant Gangnam
Fried oyster entree at Restaurant Gangnam
Father's Day Lunch
If you live in Australia, Sunday was just like any other Sunday but in Singapore, Malaysia and I'm pretty sure the rest of the world, it was Father's Day. I intended to have lunch with folks to celebrate Father's Day at Harvest Espresso in Victoria Park but Dad and I had a very nice sleep in and we were too late for lunch at Harvest Espresso. So we headed over to Mrs S in Highgate and it did not disappoint. I recommended the Pork Belly Bagel to Dad and he absolutely loved it (pats self on the back)! 

When your folks ask to take a selfie, you don't say no :)
Lunching at Mrs S for Father's Day
Catch up with the uni mates
It was great catching up with Aashni, Amanda, Deepika and Jodie on Sunday evening, especially since I haven't seen Aashni and Amanda for 1-2 years because they work in regional WA. It's hard to meet up when everyone has different work schedules, different days off and some need 5 hours to drive up/down to Perth. It was definitely interesting listening to everyone's stories and experiences in different regions and hospitals. 

So yes, this was my week. It sounds pretty hectic when I lay it all out like this. I'm hardly ever this busy on the weekends but I have a feeling this coming week will be a busy one too. That's all for me today. See you next time! Hope you guys have a wonderful week ahead! 

xox,
Stef

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe